Friday, January 27, 2012

We actually MAKE our products!

It amazes me how many of our long-time customers do not know that Model Expo actually MAKES our own product lines (Model Shipways, Model Airways, Model Trailways, Guns of History).
I had a customer come in the other day to pick up some ship modeling supplies and, as usual, I offered him the $.25 cent tour. When I took him in the back to show him the process from raw wood to finished kit, he was astounded! "You make all of these kits??" Yes we do, right here in the USA!

We have 3 in-house laser machines, a wood slicer, a metal foundry, and a host of other tools in support of our manufacturing operation! Some pictures and a video of one of the lasers in action are below.







If you're ever down in the Hollywood, FL area, stop on by the shop and I'd be happy to give YOU the $.25 cent tour!

Have a great weekend,,,Eric

1 comment: