Friday, January 13, 2012

(Un)expected Turbulence

As I wrap up another exciting week of running a small business, the thought of "Unexpected Turbulence" comes to mind. This week, we encountered several instances of turbulence in the manufacturing of our model kits.

Some of our (un)expected turbulence items for the week included:

  • Late arriving metal cleats for several ship model kits that are otherwise complete;
  • Unexpected quality issues with the figurehead of a new ship model kit;
  • Late arriving plans for several of our model kits;
In running a small business that actually MAKES products for a niche market, I have learned to accept that my weekly plans will inevitably experience turbulence. The key is how to adapt, improvise, and overcome! No, I am not a former US Marine (actually am former US Air Force), but I believe in that philosophy!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment